Re: CO2 on 120 gallon tank

>From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
>Subject: Re: CO2 on 120 gallon tank
>
>A 5lb bottle on my
>75g lasted about 3 months.  I think it would have lasted even a little more,
>but I lost a bit of CO2 initally during a few setup accidents (before it was
>connected to the fish tank, so no harm done!).

You must have lost a lot during the initial accidents, or you have a leak
or an inefficient reactor.  I use a 2.5 lb bottle for my 75g tank, and it
lasted a year.

FYI, my tap water pH is 8.1, and my tank pH is 7.2.  KH is around 7
degrees.  My CO2 rate is around 20 bubbles per minute.

Hoa

Hoa G. Nguyen
Freshwater Planted Aquarium: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/