[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #50
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #50
- From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
- Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 16:27:31 -0700
- Delivered-To: fixup-Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com@fixme
- References: <200001232048.PAA04669 at actwin_com>
> My off the cuff answer to this was going to be "no way", and
> I was very surprized by the post from Chuck Gadd, who said
> that George Booth's 120 tanks do fine with 4 x 40 flourescent
Like I said, I wouldn't have though so myself. I've got 6x40 over my
75g tank. One possible explaination is that George is using good tubes
(Tritons, and some other tube, I don't remember what it was..).
In my case, my 6x40 isn't as bright as it should be because of a
lack of decent reflectors, and older tubes that need to be replaced.
What kind of tubes are you using? I've now got a mix of Tritons,
10000K, and GE Chroma 50.