Re: 220 watts of light on a 120 gallon?

> Chuck Gadd said....
>
> >What do you mean by DIY co2?  If you mean a yeast bottle, it won't help
> >in a 120g tank.  Plus, with a yeast setup, you don't control the bubble
> >rate...
>
> I use DIY CO2 on several tanks including a 180 gallon. The latter
> grows plants very well, all types, forty species+, using two 2-liter
> bottles changed at alternating intervals of ten to twelve days. Of
> course a pressurized tank is easier, cheaper, less time-consuming,
> and generally more stable unless a disaster occurs. But it does work.

Any idea how much CO2 you are getting?  If two are providing enough in
a 180, than my single bottle on my 29 should be way overkill.

My main intent was that a single 2L bottle wouldn't provide enough.  Of
course, I would have thought that 2 bottles would be too little.  In your
setup, does a single bottle last for 10-12 days, or twice that?  If it's
10-12 days, you're obviously getting a faster reaction than I'm use to,
as mine last 3 to 4 weeks.  I guess with more yeast in the mix, it'll
produce more for a shorter time.