Re: How to maintain high PH/KH with CO2 injection

One BIG item to consider with most AF cichlids: They are bred here. Most, if
not all are given only special treatment *if* they are wild fish. Some
places have hard water and all but they are generally not much harder to
acclimate than *regular* store bought fishes.
A ph of 7.0 to 7.4 or so will easily grow most all of them............ and
with higher KH's and GH's you can still grow plants well in harder waters.
Say a GH of 10 and a KH of 6 to 8 and you'll be fine for many plants.
You'll need to test some to get an idea.
Regards,
Tom Barr