Anyone use the SilentSea Series pumps?

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had experience with the SilentSea Series pumps.
They supposedly use a magnetic field to move water around.  So the only noise
you'd hear is the noise of splishing and splashing ;)  Does it work only for
salt water?  What about freshwater?  I want to use this in a planted freshwater
tank that will be in the living room or my bedroom...so I don't want to hear
anything!  =)

TIA,
Chester

On a side note, my girlfriend got me the Sharper Image Ionic air
filter/freshener.  No moving parts and uses an electrostatic difference to move
air around.  It's so cool!!!!  Absolutely silent and you can feel the breeze of air!

=====