How to maintain high PH/KH with CO2 injection

Hi folks

I've been a silent lurker on this list for the past 2 yrs.....and
finally coming out of the shell.

I intend to setup a planted Africian cichlid (with Altolamprologus
Calvus from Lake Tanganiyika). Not too sure if this is possible.....
but I've been told that these cichlids do not dig up substrate,
do not chew up the plants and generally remain small, being very slow
growers.  The problem is that the PH/KH needs to be relatively high...
compared with the usual acidic waters of the planted aquaria.

The question is....is it possible to maintain a high PH of 8 - 8.5, dKH
of >8...in a CO2 injected tank that would be optimal (maybe not quite
optimal...but acceptable) for reasonable plant growth.

Obviously the injected CO2 will tend to lower the PH and KH...etc, but
if I maintain sufficient buffers with the addition of sodium bicarbs,
magnesium sulphates, borates...etc (with marine KH buffers),
can this be done...to have high PH/KH and yet a reasonable concentrated
of CO2 in the water.  From the KH/PH/CO2 tables....it doesn't seem to fit
.....but I was just wondering of anyone here has played around with
this before.....

Thanks and regards,
Roy Cheok
Singapore