Re: Madagascar Lace Plant

When choosing apon. bulbs for a fresh design recently a read a lot about this
one, so although I can't profess experience, I have some literature in my
head (that kept me from purchasing it, pretty as it is!)  As I read it
thrives with extra-large water changes (optimally 2/3) and weekly, cool water
(70/22, that's pretty cool) and cooler during 2 rest months (66/18), with the
slender leaved ones needing distant light or semi-shade, fuller light for
broad-leaf.  Making sure they don't get cold feet (or in the apon. case
"foot") can be important rot from what I hear, too.  An interesting
side-note, apparently mass imports are endangering the wild reserves of Lace
Plants so don't ditch the bulbs and reorder unless you really want to!
  On a side-note, the discussion over the Cryptocoryne (C. cordata?) is very
interesting.  I was just reading an account by Dr. Chris Andrews of when he
went on a search for C. cordata, as he explains I guess there's some
confusion over color of the flower collar being yellow, or yellow and fading
into brown, or purple.   So anyways, in the wild he found they were all fully
yellow.  But he had to the rivers of East Johore to figure that much out!
  Thanks for all the lighting tips from everyone (I got lots of info on
compact flourescents a little bit ago).  Everything turned out great...I got
a metal halide pendant.  Go figure, it's beautiful.
--Rachel