[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Halogen/MHD and short arms deep tanks

Hi Diana

Halogen and Metal Halide lamps are very different. To tell them apart, MHD 
will need a ballast/ignitor to work.  If your lamp has that, then it's a 
MHD if not......

I have a tank that is 24" deep and every time I do work on it I find that I 
wet my sleeves!  It's easier for guys, I just remove my shirt now.


At 01:32 AM 1/15/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 18:00:11 -0800 (PST)
>From: peachdoo at excite_com
>Subject: Halogen lights
>Hello Folks:
>      Somehow I got the impression that halogen lights are also called metal
>halide.  Is this correct?  Another thing, what kinds of gymnastics and tools
>are used by some members to prune and tend their aquascapes?  I am learning
>the problem with tall tanks and short arms.
>Thanks, Diana

In sunny Singapore - if it's not raining!

Visit my humble fish site: http://members.delphi.com/alheng