Re: CO2 and O2 and time

Well, we've learned a thing or two now(I have) but the poor newbie who
asked(and started all this) is likely thinking what is all this about!?

I must add that "time" also plays a large, often ignored, role in adding,
removing, binding,equalizing of pressures etc any chemical in a tank. It
will take some time for this "to happen" in the real applied world so when
adding CO2 on a continuos basis, this doesn't reflect this theory of partial
pressures well. Dan's comments seem to be right in this regards IMO. Proof
is in the Pudding. I know the Wet/dry's work very well and have a very
small, perhaps nonexsistant, effect. It would take time to remove or drive
off the gas once the system was out of "balance". It does not happen
instantly. A lot can happen in a few moments.
Regards,
Tom Barr      -who still get humbled by this planted tank thing<g>