[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Halogen lights

> Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 18:00:11 -0800 (PST)
> From: peachdoo at excite_com
> Subject: Halogen lights
> Hello Folks:
>      Somehow I got the impression that halogen lights are also called metal
> halide.  Is this correct? 

Nope.  Completely different.  Metal Halide lighting is very efficient.  

Halogens are basically just very bright incandescent lights which turn
most of their energy into heat.    

Metal Halide and Flourescent are the preferred methods to light a tank.

> Another thing, what kinds of gymnastics and tools are used by some members
> to prune and tend their aquascapes?  I am learning the problem with tall
> tanks and short arms.

Just get some longer arms!  A taller body helps as well, and makes the 
longer arms not look too strange.  :-)

Sorry, I can't help on the arm length question.. Mine are plenty long,
and they match my 6'3" height...