RE: Growing plants in pots

For our 300 gal. turtle/fish pond (Rubbermaid watering trough), we use is plain Monterey Sand for most of the plants, and Monterey Sand with some locally collected laterite for the others.  The plants sit in a _large_ industrial plastic container that has about the same surface area as the pond.  Water is circulated between the two.

For planters, we use both plastic plant pots with their holes sealed with plastic tape, and old tofu containers (real cheap!)

Good luck,
Wade Shimoda