Re: volume in gallons

Hi Edison

    I assume that you are looking for U.S. gallons, (that are slightly
smaller than the imperial gallons used in Canada and I believe, most of the
commonwealth countries when metric is not used) since the origin of most
medicines you would be using is probably the United States.

    One U.S. gallon equals 3.78 liters. Another way of figuring the capacity
of a tank is to multiply the length x width x height to get the total number
of cubic inches, and divide that by the 231 cubic inches found in one U.S.
gallon.

    Be aware when dosing medications that a tanks volume of water is usually
less than the calculations above would suggest, due to the volume of space
taken up by gravel, rocks and other tank contents, unless you are running a
sump,in which case it may be more.

    Hope this is some help.

Ron Barter
Perth, Ontario, Canada