Re: KH

Alfred

    I wouldn't worry too much about a KH of 8. Where I live, that's
considered soft water! My water has a KH of 17 and a pH of 8.2. With CO2, I
lower the pH to around 7.2. The plants are doing well for the most
part. I've even been able to grow respectable Eusteralis stellata, which I
was told required soft water to survive. I plan to mix RO water in the
future, but this is more for the benefit of some species of fish I'm
interested in keeping than for the plants.

    I hope this is some help, or at least encouraging to some degree.

Ron Barter
Perth, Ontario

>From: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest)
>To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com