Pressurized CO2 systems

I bought my tank and regulator from a welding supply house.  The regulator
box was marked "beer regulator". I later saw the same setup at a homebrew
supply store for about 2/3 what I paid at the welding shop. It's the same
stuff. Get a 2-gauge regulator that shows both the tank pressure and the
output pressure. The only "exotic" piece of equipment we need is the needle
(better known as 'metering') valve.  Try pneumatic controls equipment
suppliers, they also handle the adapters. The welding store won't refill a 5
LB tank and doesn't really like dealing with an individual. The homebrew
store cheerfully refills the tank and is happy for the business.

Tom.Wood writing from a friend's 'puter