New to the area

I have just moved to the Chicago area and would like
to find a fish store that sells decent plants at a
decent price.  (I have visited some listed in the
local pet store directory)  I have been disappointed
every time that I go out looking.  The plants are not
in that great a shape and way overpriced(not what I am
used to).  Thankfully I did bring some with me when I
moved but I though that the common ones would be
available out here so I gave most away.  Can anyone
throw me a few clues...  Thanks in advance
Lance