RE: Anti-overflow hole in syphon is Oto killer

Thanks for the comments, both on and off list, about the Oto getting
trapped and (possibly) killed by the syphon-break hole.  Bob, the
calculations were impressive.  I do realize that it's common for
neophytes to find dead fish stuck to filter intakes and to blame the
filter.  I really don't think that was the case here.  I have a big
Fluval 403 that exerts considerable suction on the hole, and the Oto was
a smallish one.  I really think that he just tried to lite on the pipe
and got sucked onto the hole and couldn't escape.  Anyway, as was
suggested, I have now covered the hole with some mesh.  Thanks again to
all for your comments. -- Sherman