Slide vs. print film

>I don't have any good examples on The Krib proper, but on its sometimes-up
>sister site site http://mystery.thekrib.com, all the pictures shown are
>taken with 800 ASA print film and scanned directly from the negs.  The
>optical distortion of the macro lens and water is more visible than the
>grain in many cases.

I dunno Erik; I can sort see grainy artifacts in the first picture.

Look at this that was scanned from a slide:

http://viewimages.killi.net/e/ELB/Ntui/01-0-Copr_1998_Geert_van_Huijgevoot-7
80x512x24_39293.jpg

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719